Thursday, January 7, 2010

Venison Recipes?

I was diagnosed with hyperchlosterimia. So the dietician advised me to eat all the venison I wanted (no beef). So I do. I have been cooking venison for 10 yrs now. I buy enough during season and put it in the freezer. I decided to write a cook book, which I did for Venison. If you email me with an actual email addy, I will send it to you. Can you please tell me how the recipes work out for you?Venison Recipes?
Good for venison roasts or kabobs





1 cup Red wine vinegar


5 leaves of fresh basil , torn


1 medium sweet onion chopped


3 cloves of garlic , minced


1 Tablespoon of parsley


Kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste





Mix all ingredients together and pour in a large plastic resealable bag (hefty or glad,etc.) add roast let marinade in the refrigerator for 8 hrs or more turning occasionally.Venison Recipes?
Sweet!
the old fashioned Maine way is with bacon and onions
Better check your spelling there but I know what you mean. Since venison has 20% less fat than beef, it's a good alternative. I don't like it, personally but there is a good web site for recipes called ontariovenison.com. Good luck with your book anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment