Sunday, December 20, 2009

Do you know of a venison recipe containing lime juice?

My daughter made me venison for my birthday. It was delicious. I want to make it tonight for my husband but i cant find the recipe. I know that it had lime juice in it. Have any ideas? If not, do you have any other good ways to prepare venison?Do you know of a venison recipe containing lime juice?
I did some searching for you, and this sounds like a terrific marinade! I love venison, but can honestly say that I have never tried the lime idea...I am going to do this the next time I have it!





Venison Marinade


4 cloves fresh garlic, chopped


1/2 cup red wine


1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil


1 small chopped onion


2 bay leaves


2 tbsp lime juice


2 tbsp soy sauce


several shakes of hot sauce


salt and pepper to taste





Marinate 3 hours in the refrigerator.





I hope this helps!!!Do you know of a venison recipe containing lime juice?
replaced at any delivary thing
i am not sure if this is what your daughter made, but it is very good.





Ingredients Method


4 x 6oz (175g) Venison steaks


3 cloves garlic, minced


2 tsps cilantro, minced


1 tbsp brown sugar


juice of 1 lime


1 tbsp fish sauce


1 tbsp vegetable oil





Peanut Sauce:


1 cup crunchy peanut butter


1 onion, minced


1 stalk lemon grass minced (may substitute juice %26amp; rind of 1 lime)


1 cup unsweetened coconut milk


1 tbsp brown sugar


1 tsp chili powder or chili oil


1 tbsp fish sauce


1 tbsp soy sauce





Put the steaks in a dish.


Mix remaining ingredients and rub onto steaks.


Let marinate for 1 hour.


Grill over charcoal until medium rare.


Serve with peanut sauce.





Peanut Sauce:


Combine ingredients in a sauce pan.


Slowly bring to a boil.


Simmer 2-3 minutes.


Serve at room temperature

No comments:

Post a Comment