Sunday, December 20, 2009

I am looking for a recipe for venison pepperettes, and also wondering if I can just substitute venison?

I cannot find a recipe for venison pepperettes, but I'm wondering if I can substitute it in a recipe I found for regular pepperettes? Anyone tried it%26gt;?I am looking for a recipe for venison pepperettes, and also wondering if I can just substitute venison?
I've never heard this term, but assume it's a luncheon meat type.





try these:





Venison Salami -


4录 hours 15 min prep - 20 servings 4 rolls





5 lbs ground deer meat


5 tablespoons Morton Tender Quick salt


2 1/2 teaspoons coarse black pepper


2 1/2 teaspoons garlic salt


2 1/2 teaspoons mustard seeds





Mix well.


Cover with plastic wrap pushed down on meat mixture.


Refrigerate 4 days mixing well at least once a day.


On 4th day form mixture into long rolls, place on baking sheet.


Cook 225 F for 4 hours.


Wrap in plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator





~~~~~ OR ~~~~





Wild Game Summer Sausage


2 hours 20 min prep / Makes 5 to 6 8'; rolls





3 lbs ground venison (deer, elk, antelope This MUST be ground lean, as the tallow on venison is what gives it the ';wild'; t)


1 lb lean ground beef


2 cups water


1 teaspoon onion powder


1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (or a tad more)


4 teaspoons cracked black pepper


2 teaspoons mustard seeds


2 teaspoons liquid smoke


4 tablespoons Morton Tender Quick salt





Mix all together thoroughly.


Form into 2-21/2'; logs about 8'; long.


Pack tightly as possible.


Wrap in aluminum foil, shiny side IN.


Refridgerate for 24 hours.


Take out, turn over and pierce foil several times with a fork.


Bake on a sprayed broiler rack over broiler pan at 325 degrees for 1 1/2 hour.


Unwrap and remove to rack to finish dripping.


Rewrap and refridgerate or freeze.





for other recipes: http://www.recipezaar.com/recipes.php?q=鈥?/a>I am looking for a recipe for venison pepperettes, and also wondering if I can just substitute venison?
Log onto recipelink.com and simply type in your question. You'll get an answer in seconds with the information you need.

No comments:

Post a Comment