Thursday, December 24, 2009

Does anyone have a recipe for how to make Jerky out of Venison?

My friend gave me some Venison (Deer Meat), and I would like to know how can I make it into Venison Jerky?Does anyone have a recipe for how to make Jerky out of Venison?
3 lb. venison or beef





Select lean cuts of meat. Remove any fat around the edges. Flank steak, brisket or round steak can be used. I use both front shoulders from deer. For greatest tenderness slice very thinly, against the grain and cut into strips, no more than 1/4 inch thick. The following recipe is for about 3 pounds of meat. I don't weigh or measure, I approximate.





Marinate for at least 12 hours, the longer the better. After meat has marinated blot dry with paper towels.





MARINATE:





3 tbsp. soy sauce


4 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce


1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper


Pinch of white pepper


1/8 tsp. black pepper


1/4 tsp. garlic powder


4 tbsp. teriyaki sauce


Hickory liquid smoke (to suit taste)


Hot sauce (to suit taste)


Pork sausage seasoning (to suit taste)


Onion powder (to suit taste)


3 c. juice drained from banana peppers


Do Not use salt!





Combine all ingredients, blend well. Add meat, stir at least twice during marination.





If you have a dehydrator, use it. I use a microwave with dehydration rack. Outdoor Life says you can turn your oven temperature as low as it will go and leave the door slightly open. I have also read an article that says you can make jerky in your car on a hot day, by rolling up your windows and placing the meat on a rack, where the sun will shine on it.





hope that helps

No comments:

Post a Comment