Thursday, December 24, 2009

Has any one made venison jerky? I need a good recipe?

I smoke my venison jerky normally in a smoker using hickory wood chips soaked in water, for longer smoking . i'm always open to knew ideas.thanks.Has any one made venison jerky? I need a good recipe?
I like to use teriyaki sauce that I've boiled down until it's reduced by half. You can also use red pepper flakes and freshly ground black pepper mixed with a little olive oil to make a paste, and my dad likes to use barbecue sauce, which takes a little longer to dry in the oven but is well worth it. My mom likes to use dry italian dressing mix, and I would imagine that ranch dressing mix is probably good as well. Just slice it thinly, make sure that the meat is evenly coated, and then put it on a baking sheet in a 200 degree oven with the door slightly cracked for up to 24 hours.Has any one made venison jerky? I need a good recipe?
slice it very thin,,,soak it in liquid smoke, soy sauce brown sugar and a little louisana hot sauce for spice( overnight). Dry it in the oven at 200 degrees on a wire rack until it is dried out.Usually about an hour or so..The smoker would work also.

No comments:

Post a Comment